Breath Analyser (BA) testing on Random sampling basis
Government OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi,Dated: 24-06-2020
Sub: Breath Analyser (BA) testing on Random sampling basis.
Indian Railways has been mandatorily conducting Breath Analyser (BA) test on all Crew members both at the time of Singing ON and Singing OFF. In view of lockdown to contain the spread of Corona COVID-19 virus, Board vide letter dated 27.03.2020 had decided to do away with BA test temporarily. Subsequently, based on the directions of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi, Ministries of Railways, Civil Aviation and Health formulated joint recommendations for BA Test on sampling basis and the same was approved by the respective Secretaries of these ministries. The Hon’ble High Court has directed to implement these recommendations for a period of 2 months.
Considering the above, it is decided that BA testing of few crew shall be carried randomly based on service type and grading of crew, as given below till 18-Aug-2020 or till further advise by Railway Board, whichever is earlier
1. If crew is marked as alcoholic in biodata, BA test will be mandatory for all such crew.
2. For freight services, BA test will be done randomly on approximately 6%, 8% and 10% of average booking of the lobby for ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ graded loco pilots respectively.
3. For Passenger & Mail express/Rajdhani/High speed services, BA test will be done randomly on approximately 10%; 12% and 14% of average booking of the lobby for ‘B’ and ‘C’ graded loco pilots respectively,
4. For shunting services, BA test will be done randomly on approximately 5% of the average shunter booking of lobby.
5. For ALP and SALP, BA test will be done randomly on approximately 10% of the average booking of the ALP/SALP of the lobby.
(Average booking per day for 2, 3, 4 & 5 above will be taken on the basis of previous fortnight crew booking average of lobby)
6. For other crew those are not subjected to BA test, the system of self declaration would continue as implemented during COVID-19 situation
It is therefore advised to modify CMS application for random sampling of BA testing during Signing ON/OFF at CMS kiosk as well as manual signing ON/OFF at supervisor console of CMS. Lobby-wise reports shall also be generated for such booking.
CRIS may issue instructions to Railways for its implementation after modification of application.
This issues with the approval of AM/Traffic & AM/Traction.