Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
G.S.R. 721(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309, and clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General in relation to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes the following rules, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. –
(1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of January, 2016.
2. Categories of Government servants to whom the rules apply:-
(1) Save as otherwise provided by or under these rules, these rules shall apply to persons appointed to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union whose pay is debitable to the Civil Estimates as also to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department.
(2) These rules shall not apply to:-
(i) persons appointed to the Central Civil Services and posts in Group ‘A’, ’B’ and ’C’, under the administrative control of the Administrator of the Union Territory of Chandigarh;
(ii) persons locally recruited for services in Diplomatic, Consular or other Indian establishments in foreign countries;
(iii) persons not in whole-time employment;
(iv) persons paid out of contingencies;
(v) persons paid otherwise than on a monthly basis including those paid only on a piece rate basis;
(vi) persons employed on contract except where the contract provides otherwise;
(vii) persons re-employed in Government service after retirement;
(viii) any other class or category of persons whom the President may, by order, specifically exclude from the operation of all or any of the provisions contained in these rules.