Ad-hoc Bonus to Employees of State-Aided University, 2014-15
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
Date:16th September, 2015
Sub: Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus for the year 2014-15 to the employees of the state Aided Universities under the administrative control of this Department including the University BT & Evening College, Coochbehar and West Bengal State council of Higher Education.
The undersigned is directed by the order of the Governor to say that the governor is pleased to decide that the employees of all the State-aided Universities under the administrative control of this Department including the University BT & Evening College. Coochbehar and employees of the west Bengal state council of higher education who are not covered by any of the productivity. Linked Bonus schemes and whose actual emoluments did not exceed Rs.24,000/- (Rupees Twenty Four Thousand) only per month as on 31st March, 2015 will be entitled to Ad-hoc Bonus for the accounting year of 2014-15 at the rate of Rs.3,200/- (Rupees Three Thousand Two Hundred) only per head.
The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs.24,000/- per month as on 31st March, 2015 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of pay or on fixed/consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:-
i) Only those employees who were in service on 31.03.2015 and have rendered at least six month’s continuous service during 2014-15 will be eligible for payment of Ad-hoc Bonus under this order.
ii) The employees whose emoluments on 31.03.2015 exceeded Rs.24,000/- per month, but during the year 2014-15 their emoluments at least for 6(six) months were less thanRs.24,000/-per month, i.e. the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs.24,000/- p.m. on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of career advancement scheme, enhancement of Dearness Allowance, Special Pay, etc. after remaining less than Rs.24,000/- p.m. for at least six months, will be entitled to Ad-hoc Bonus of the maximum amount of Rs.3,200/- per head under this order.
iii) Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases to the eligible employees for periods of continuous service during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded off to the nearest number of months), A fraction of 15-days or more should be counted as one month.
iv) The amount of Ad-hoc Bonus on pro-payment as admissible under 2 (iii) will have to be calculated according to the following formula:-
= The amount of Ad-hoc Bonus subject to maximum of Rs.3,200/- Only.
3. The Casual workers appointed against the approved posts who have put in work at least for 120 days and the employees on consolidated pay in the year 2014-15 will also be entitled to Ad-hoc Bonus under this order according to the following formula:-
= The amount of Ad-hoc Bonus subject to maximum of Rs.3,200/- only.
4. The Ad-hoc Bonus under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2015 for the employees drawing pay in the revised scale, the term “emoluments” in this order will mean and include pay in the pay Bank plus the Grade pay in the revised pay structure, Dearness allowance but will not include any other pay and other Allowances such House Rent Allowance, Medical Allowance, compensatory Allowance, etc. and for those employees drawing pay in the unrevised scale, the term “emoluments” will mean and include Basic pay, special pay, personal pay, fixed pay, Dearness pay, if any, Dearness Allowance, additional Dearness relief, if any, steno Allowance etc. but will not include other allowances, such as House Rent Allowance, Medical Allowance, Compensatory Allowance, etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term ‘revised emoluments’ will mean the consolidated contract pay drawn by them.
5. The charges in respect of payment of the said ad-hoc Bonus will be debit able to the respective Heads of Accounts for ‘Salary Grants’ of the concerned Universities, i.e. under “2202-03-102-NP-001 to 007,009 and 013 to 021-V-31-01”for the State aided Universities, “2203-00-102-NP-002-V-31-01” for Moulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (erstwhile West Bengal University of Technology) and “2202-03-800-NP-004&014-V-31-01”for employees of the West Bengal State Council of Higher Education respectively in the current year’s State Budget.
6. The disbursement of Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned herein above should be made in between 5th October, 2015 and 9th October, 2015.
7. This Order issues in exercise of powers delegated under Finance Department’s Memo No.5333-F(p2), Dt- 09.07.2015.
8. All concerned are being informed.
Deputy Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Source: Original Order Click here