Productivity Linked Bonus(PLB) to Civilian Employees of Defence
Fax/E-mail/Speed Post/Registered Post
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Office of the Principal Controller of Accounts(FYS)
Pay Tech Section
10-A,SK.Bose Road, Kolkata-700001
Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus(PLB) to Civilian Employees of Defence Production Establishments for the year 2018-19.
A copy of the Govt. of India Min of Defence (Deptt of Defence Production) No.10(2)2019-D(Estt/NG) dated 24.10.2019 on the above subject received under OFB letter bearing No.873/PLB/2018-19/Per/Policy dated 24/10/2019 and 873/PLB/2018-19/Per/Policy dated 25/10/2019 is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action, please, It is also requested to Circulate the same to all AOs under your jurisdiction, please.
Government of India,
Ministry of Defence,
(Deptt. Of Defence Production)
Dated: the 24th October, 2019.
Ordnance Factory Board.
10A. S.K. Bose Road.
The Controller General of Defence Accounts,
The Director General of Quality Assurance,
The Director General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance,
Subject : Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to Civilian Employees of Defence Production Establishments for the year 2018-19.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No.48(4)/98/D(B&C) dated 27th July.2000 on the above subject and to convey the sanction of the President to payment of Productivity Linked Bonus for the year 2018-19 equivalent to 39 days wages to the eligible employees in Defence Production Establishments as mentioned therein with an overall ceiling of wages of Rs.7000/- per month. PLB is to be calculated taking average number of days per month as 30.4 days.
02. The casual labour who has worked for at least 240 days. in each year. for 03 years or more will be eligible for this PLB payment. The amount will be paid on a notional monthly wages of Rs.1200/-. In case where the actual emoluments fall below Rs.1200/- per month, the amount will be calculated on actual monthly emoluments. All payments under these orders will be rounded off to the nearest rupee.
03. The above sanction is subject to the following condition:-
(a) OM will submit a monthly status report on the progress achieved to review the formula for calculation of PLB which otherwise would have been reviewed after three years from implementation i.e. from the accounting year 1999-2000.
(b.) GMs of each of the respective factories should submit the Certificate regarding standard man-hours for jobs whenever there is a change in production processes or when new labour saving machines introduced, incorporating the following details :-
1.Standard Man Hours before the installation of CNC Machines.
2.Standard Man Hours after the installation of CNC Machines.
3.Difference between the above two leading to savings in Standard Man Hours
In the event of more than one CNC Machine being installed on two different occasions, each time figure are to be updated for additional subsequent addition of CNC Machine.
04. It is advised that formula for working out PLB may be revisited/re-examined for future years. However since PLB for the current year has been computed as per the approved formula, the proposal of OFB for Payment of 39 days PLB for 2018-19 to the 78322 eligible employees of OFB, DGQA, DGQAQA and DAD working in OFB is sanctioned.
05. The expenditure will be debited to Major Head 2079 of the Defence Service Estimates (Ordnance Factories) from the existing budget provisions for the F.Y. 2019-20 and to the respective Heads to which the pay and allowances of employees of allied establishments are debited.
06. This issue with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance vide F.N.7-39/2007-E.III(A) dated 24.10.2019 and MoD(Finance Division) vide N-22 dated 24.10.2019 in MoD file No.10(2)/2019-D(Estt/NG)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India