Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 – Grant of notional increment to Government Servants who retires on superannuation on the preceding day of increment due date – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (CMPC) DEPARTMENT
Thiruvalluvar Aandu, 2045.
- G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 1—6—2009.
- G.O.Ms.No.123, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 10—4—2012.
As per the provisions under Fundamental Rules 26 (a), the annual increments of the Government Servants are regulated in four quarters viz. 1st January, 1st April, 1st July and 1st October. However, there is no provision in the Fundamental Rules to sanction annual increments in the case of the Government Servants who have rendered one full year of service and retires on superannuation on the last date of completion of one year and their increment due date falls on the next day of superannuation. As such an anomalous situation arises in the case of those Government Servants who retires on the 31st March, 30th June, 30th September and 31st December, as the case may be, inspite of the fact that they have completed one full year of service which are countable for increment as per Fundamental Rules 26(a), (b), (bb), (c) and (d) as the case may be, and on the date of retirement.
2) The above issue was brought to the notice of Pay Grievance Redressal Ceil constituted in the Government Order second read above by several Employees Association for due rectification. The Pay Grievance Redressal Cell, among others, has recommended that “when date of increment of a Government Servant falls due on the day following superannuation on completion of one full year of service, such service may be considered for the benefit of a notional increment purely for the purpose of pensionary benefits and not for any other purpose. Such concession may be made applicable prospectively”.
3) After careful consideration, the Government have decided to accept the above recommendation of Pay Grievance Redressal Cell. Accordingly, the Government direct that a Government Servant whose increment falls due on the day following Superannuation, on completion of one full year of service which are countable for increment under Fundamental Rules 26, be sanctioned with one notional increment at the rate as described under rule 6 of Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009, purely for the purpose of pensionery benefits and not for any other purpose. The above concession of sanction of notional increment shall take prospective effect from the date of issue of this order.
4) Necessary amendment to the Fundamental Rules shall be issued by Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
Source: Original Order Click here