Revision of Pension of Pre-01.01.2006 Pensioners – Haryana
Memo No.2/7/2016-1 Pension
Dated Chandigarh, the 18.03.2016
Subject: Revision of Pension of Pre-01.01.2006 Pensioners.
I am directed to invite your attention to this department OM.No.2/51/2008-1 Pension dated 06.02.2015 vide which pension/family pension was stepped up on the pattern of Central Government in respect of Pre 01.01.2006 Pensioners/Family pensioners w.e.f.06.02.2015.
Later on, state Government had issued clarification vide memo No.2/51/2008-1Pension, dated 04.05.2015 vide which a proforma was devised for revision of pension/family pension as per OM dated 06.02.2015 in respect of Pre 1.1.2006 pensioners/family pensioners and they were directed to make request to the department concerned for stepping up of pension/family pension (as the case may be) in the prescribed format and after verifying the same the department concerned will forward the requisite proforma to the pension disbursing authority/Treasure Officers concerned.
Further, vide memo No.2/51/2008-1 Pension, dated 04.11.2015, all pre 1.1.2006 pensioners/family pensioners were directed to make request to the department concerned (for stepping up of pension/family pension) instead of forwarding their applications directly to the finance Department.
2. However, references have been received in the Finance Department that the above instructions are not being followed while revising/steppin up the pension/Family Pension resulting that in some cases pension/family pension has been revised in modified pay scales instead of corresponding pay scales prescribed in OM dated 06.02.2015.
3. It is, therefore, requested to direct the head of office/DDOs/SAS personnel (dealing with pension) working under their control to verify/recheck whether the pension/family pension of the pensioners/family pensioners has been revised/stepped up in the corresponding pay scales prescribed in OM dated 06.02.2015 and not in the modified pay scales.
4. It is further requested to send the report to Finance Department (in Pension Branch) duly signed by DDO/SAS personnel (Senior Most) in respect of those pensioners/family pensioners whose pension/family pension has been fixed in modified pay scales instead of corresponding pay scales and are getting/drawing excess pension/family pension which is violation of OM dated 06.02.2015 and clarification issued vide dated 04.05.2015 and 04.11.2015. If any case has been found then the same may be revised immediately as per OM dated 06.02.2015. The action against officer/official concerned, who are responsible for such wrong revision be initiated immediately.
5. The above report/information be furnished within 10 days. Any lapse in this regard will be viewed seriously.
6. The above order can be downloaded from the website of Finance Department i.e.www.finhry.gov.in
Under Secretary Finance (Pension)
For additional chief secretary to Government Haryana