Pay Revision 2014 — Payment of Uniform Allowance — Instructions
GOVERNMENT OF KERALA
Dated, Thiruvananthapuram, May 23, 2017.
Sub:- Pay Revision 2014 — Payment of Uniform Allowance — Instructions – issued.
Government Employees who are required to wear uniform during duty time are allowed Uniform Allowance annually at varying rates. It has come to the notice of the Government that a few employees who are in receipt of Uniform Allowance are not used to wear uniform while on duty. The following instructions are issued with immediate effect to streamline payment of Uniform Allowance and to enforce uniform among officers who are paid Uniform Allowance :
1.The categories of employees which are included in the schedule of Uniform Allowance at Annexure XII to G.0(P)No.7/2016/Fin dated 20.01.2016 alone are eligible for Uniform Allowance. In the case of categories of employees who are required to wear uniform but not included in the Schedule of Uniform Allowance, the Head of Department shall forward proposal for sanction of Uniform Allowance along With specifications of the prescribed uniform to Finance Department through the Administrative Department for inclusion of the same in the pay revision order.
2.All employees who are in receipt of Uniform Allowance should wear uniform during their duty time.
3. The Controlling Officers/Drawing and Disbursing Officers should ensure that employees wear uniform while on duty. If any employee is found not in uniform while on duty time action should be intiated, with notice to the delinquent, to recover the full amount of allowance paid along with penal interest @ 12% per annum till the date of recovery.
4. The Uniform Allowance Paid shall be deemed to be inclusive of cost of uniform material and stitching charges, shoes and insignia expenses.
5. Uniform Allowance will be paid as reimbursement to the cost incurred for the purchase of Uniform. The Allowance will be paid in any time during a financial year subject to the production of claim from the employees. The claim should be supported by the following undertaking:
Undertaking for Uniform Allowance
(Vide Circular No.38/2017/Fin.Dated 23.05.2017)
I do hereby affirm that I will wear uniform without any default while on duty.. I agree to repay the Uniform allowance along with penal interest at the rate fixed by Government from time to time if I am found not in Uniform while on duty time.
Countersignature Of Name:
Controlling Officer/Drawing Designation:
And Disbursing Officer Office:
6. No employee shall abstain from wearing uniform on the ground of non-receipt of Uniform Allowance. claiming of Allowance is at the employee’s option but wearing unifrom shall be compulsory.
7. controlling officer of Government vehicles should ensure that driver of the vehicle is in the specified uniform while on duty. The Officer concerned would also be held responsible for the lapse noticed in this regard.
8. The Finance Inspection Wing (Non – Technical) Department and the Internal Audit Wings of departments are also entrusted to check for lapses in the implementation of these instructions.
9. The Controlling Officers/Drawing and Disbursing Officers will also be held reponsible for violation of these instructions.
JOINT SECRETARY (FINANCE)