Tamil Nadu Order – Pensioners and Family Pensioners Dearness Allowance 54% with effet from 1st July 2008
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE (PENSION) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.493, Dated 13th November 2008
( Ippasi-28, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2039)
PENSION – Dearness Allowance to the pensioners and family pensioners – Revised rate admissible from 1st July 2008- Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1) G.O.Ms.No.109, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 22nd March 2008.
2) G.O.Ms.No.491, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 13th November 2008.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning the revised rate of dearness allowance to the State Government pensioners / family pensioners as detailed below:-
Date from which payable
Revised rate of Dearness Allowance (per Month)
With effect from 1st January 2008
47% of pension plus Dearness pension/Family Pension plus Dearness family Pension
In the said Government Order, orders were also issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance at the rate of 39% on basic ex-gratia and dearness ex-gratia with effect from 1st January 2008 to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non-pensionable establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Board.
2. The Government has now decided to sanction one additional instalment of Dearness Allowance at 7% to the pensioners / family pensioners of the State with effect from 1.7.2008. Accordingly, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government pensioners/family pensioners as indicated below:-
Date from which payable
Revised rate of Dearness Allowance (per month)
1st July 2008
54% of pension plus dearness pension/family pension plus dearness family pension
The Government also sanction revised rate of Dearness Allowance at the rate of 46% on basic ex-gratia and dearness ex-gratia with effect from 1st July, 2008 to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non-pensionable establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Board.
3. The State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous body / Local body / Co-operative institution and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount will also be entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowance at 54% on full pension plus dearness pension on the amount of full pension.
4. The Government has decided that the increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash to the above categories. The amount of Dearness Allowance involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
5. Pending formal authorisation by the Accountant General, the Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai-6, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
6. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
i) Government pensioners, Teacher pensioners of aided and local body educational Institutions and other pensioners of local bodies.
ii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately;
iii) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli District.
iv) Pensioners drawing their pension on 1st April, 1960, in the Tiruttani Sub-Treasury in whose cases pensions were sanctioned by the Composite Madras State prior to 1st October, 1953 or by the Andhra Pradesh State prior to 1st April, 1960.
v) Pensioners of the Ex-Governor’s Head Establishment in receipt of ‘Mustering out pension’;
vi) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extraordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance;
vii) Ex-Pudukkottai pensioners.
viii) Surrendered and thrown out Teachers in the transferred areas of Kanniyakumari district and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli district.
7. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the pensioners shall be debited to:
” 2071. Pensions and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 101 AC 0306) “
and the Dearness Allowance payable to the family pensioners shall be debited to
” 2071. Pensions and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pension – I. Non-plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 105 AC 0308) “.
8. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance to those who are in receipt of exgratia payment of Rs.605/- per month shall be debited to
” 2071. Pensions and Other Retirement Benefits-01. Civil – 800. Other Expenditure – I. Non-plan – AH. Ex-gratia payment to families of deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non-pensionable establishment beneficiaries-27. Pensions – 09. Others (D.P. Code 2071 01 800 AH 2795) “.
9. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganisation Act, 1956.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
Principal Secretary to Government
Signed Copy Click here