Karnataka DA 119% to 125% basic pay w.e.f. 1st January 2016
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
sub: Dearness Allowance to Teaching Staff on UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and judicial officers/pensioners on NJPC pay scales – Revision of rates.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO.FD 18 SRP 2016,
BANGALORE, DATED 18TH APRIL 2016
Government are pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance to Teaching Staff who are on UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and to judicial officers on NJPC pay scales from the existing 119% to 125% of the basic pay with effect from 1st January 2016.
2. For the purpose of this order, the term “Basic Pay” means, the pay drawn by a Government employee in the UGC/AICTE/ICAR and NJPC scales of pay applicable to the post held by him.
3. Basic pay shall not include any other emolluments.
4. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance to NJPC Pensioners/Family Pensioners from the existing 119% to 125% of the basic pension/family pension with effect from 1st January 2016.
5. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash until further orders.
6. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 Paise shall be ignored.
7. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
Under Secretary to Government, Finance Department (services-2)