Minutes of Meeting the COC Karnataka was held on 6th April 2017
The well attended meeting of the COC Karnataka was held on 6th April 2017 at ITEF Room Bangalore under the chairmanship of Com S. Radhakrishna President COC Karnataka.
Com Radhakrishna welcomed the members for the meeting , he congratulated the members for the historic 16th March strike of CG employees , it is against the policy of the Central Government which is anti-employees, the issues of NPS , Pension , Allowances , Fitment formula and Minimum wage revision has not been resolved so far. He also said the policy of outsourcing the Government jobs should be stopped and filling up of vacant post are to be taken up on priority basis. He also informed that large section of pensioners participated in the rally held on Freedom Park on 16thMarch 2017. This is a good sign.
Com P.S.Prasad General Secretary he welcomed the members for the meeting , he congratulated the members for the historic 16th March strike of CG employees, this strike is proved the anger of CG employees in non-fulfilment of promises made by Group of Ministers regarding Fitment formula enhancement and Minimum wage revision, settlement of Allowances, NPS and Pension issues.
Com Prasad Informed that majority of the affiliates of the COC Karnataka participated in the strike , but a few employees has not participated in the strike. A through analysis is to be carried out. The media has given good coverage in both Bangalore and at districts such as Udupi , Mangalore , Hubli , Mysore , Sirsi, Shimoga etc.
Regarding allowances it was pointed out every member is demanding its early implementation, it will be brought to the notice of the CHQ and the meeting hoped the issue of allowances shall be resolved shortly.
The meeting discussed the 9th State Level Conference of the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers Karnataka State issue.
The following decisions taken place.
1) It was decided to hold the 9th State Level Conference of the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers Karnataka State at Income tax office on 1st June 2017 .
2) The delegate fee is Rs 200/ per member , it was decided in invite about 150 delegates.
3) The 9th State Level Conference will be addressed by both the Secretary General and President of Confederation.
4) Regarding district representation for the conference , two delegates from each districts shall participate in the conference, the accommodation for one day shall be provided .
5) The accommodation for out station delegates shall be provided at the cost of Rs 150 per delegate for one day.
6) The total cost of Rs 70,000/ is anticipated for the conference , additional funds to be collected from the affiliates, Com Mohan Pai from Census has assured an amount of Rs 10,000/ and ITEF will provide an amount of Rs 5,000/. Each affiliate of COC Karnataka shall pay special funds @ Rs 5 / per member .
7) The election of office bearers shall be held on the basis of nomination from the respective affiliates, only the post of General Secretary , President shall be decided in the conference with due consultation with affiliates. The women subcommittee shall be formed , each affiliates shall also nominate women committee members.
8) The affiliates of COC Karnataka shall clear the subscription dues for the year 2016-17 by this month.
9) The draft GS report and Accounts was circulated any modifications and additional information especially on department issues should be supplied for incorporation in the report.
10) The meeting also decided to send the delegates for attending the trade union classes to be held at Thiruvananthapuram in May 2017 .
The Com A.Srinivas Postal JCA convenor spoke and he informed that the strike of 16th March was a success , but more efforts should be made to make this strike a success . The weakness of the affiliates should also be highlighted, so that corrective measurers can be taken. He also said importance on filling of vacant post should be taken up and stopping of privatisation of Government work.
Com Janikiram wanted co-operation from the COC Karnataka in conducting 31st All India Conference of All India Postal Employees Union Group “C” to be held in Bangalore from 6th August 2017 to 9thAugust 2017. The COC Karnataka shall provide all types of co-operation.
Meeting ended with vote of thanks.
The next meeting of COC Karnataka shall be held on 17th May 2017.
(S.Radhakrishna ) President
(P.S.Prasad) General Secretary