SC ST PERSONS EMPLOYED IN DEFENCE PSUs
Shri Ambeth Rajan raised an unstarred question (no. 59) on PSUs. The question was answered by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence, Rao Inderjit Singh on 21.07.2015. Other specific questions requested the Rajya Sabha to provide details under various categories. They are PSUs under the administrative control of the Ministry, SC/ST persons employed in various groups in these PSUs, SC/ST Employees’ Welfare Associations formed by SCs/STs working in these PSUs and the facilities extended/provided by Government/DPSUs for the SCs/STs Welfare Association viz. Office Accommodation etc and the ways and means in which DPSUs/Government involves SC/ST Welfare Association in the administrative activities/developmental activities/ management of these PSUs.
Rao Inderjit Singh provided the following answers to the above questions. He said that the Defence Public Sector Undertakings under the control of Ministry of Defence are Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL), Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL), BEML Ltd., Bharat Dynamics Ltd. (BDL), Goa Shipyard Ltd. (GSL), Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. (GRSE), Hindustan Shipyard Ltd. (HSL), Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited. (MDL) and Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd. (MIDHANI).
He provided details of SC/ST persons employed in various groups in these PSUs as follows:
|DPSU||Gr. A||Gr. B||Gr. C||Gr. D|
He provided the details of SC/ST Employees Welfare Associations formed by SC/ST working in the Defence Public Sector Undertakings are as below:
(1) HAL SC/ST’s Employees & Officers Association, Bangalore
(2) SC/ST Employees and Officers Welfare Association Nasik
(3) HAL SC/ST Employees and Officers Association Koraput
(4) SC/ST Employees / Officers Welfare Association Lucknow
(5) SC/ST Employees Officers Welfare Committee Kanpur
(6) HAL SC Welfare Association Hyderabad
(7) HAL ST Welfare Association Hyderabad
(8) Anusuchit Jati / Anusuchit Janjati Adhikari / Karmachari Kalyani Samiti, Korwa
BEL BEL SC/ST Welfare Association and Ambedkar Credit Co-operative Society
(1) BEML SC/ST Welfare Association (R), Bangalore Complex.
(2) BEML SC/ST Welfare Association (R), KGF Complex.
(3) BEML SC/ST Employees Welfare Association(R), Mysore Complex.
(4) SC/ST Employees Association, Corporate Office & Marketing Divisions.
(1) Bharat Dynamics SC Employees Welfare Association
(2) Bharat Dynamics ST Employees Welfare Association
(1) Mazagon Dock SC/ST Officers Welfare Association
(2) Mazagon Dock SC/ST Employees Welfare Association
(3) Mazagon Dock SC/ST Employees Utkarash Welfare Association
(4) Mazagon Dock SC/ST Karmachari Kalyankari Sangh.
GSL Goa Shipyard SC/ST Employees Association
GRSE Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. SC/ST Employees Depressed Classes League.
HSL The Hindustan Shipyard Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Employees Welfare Association.
(1) Midhani Scheduled Caste Employees Welfare Association.
(2) Midhani Scheduled Tribes Employees Welfare Association.
(3) Midhani Scheduled Caste Madiga Employees Welfare Association.
For the question on the details of the facilities extended / provided by Government / DPSUs for the SCs/STs Welfare Association viz. Office Accommodation, etc. said the DPSUs have provided accommodation and infrastructure like computers, furniture & fixtures, telephones to the SC/ST Associations
For the question on the ways and means in which DPSUs / Government involves SC/ST Welfare Association in the administrative activities / developmental activities / management of these PSUs he replied regular meetings are conducted with the representatives of SC/ST welfare Associations to discuss issues relating to welfare of SC/ST. employees. SC/ST representatives are included in all Recruitments / Selection Committees of the DPSU.
Read More: Latest OROP News
Read More: Latest 7th Pay Commission News