Admissibility of two additional increments (Non-absorbable) to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree…
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 05.02.2016
The General Secretary
3, Chelmsford Road
New Delhi – 110 055
Sub: Admissibility of two additional increments (Non-absorbable) to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree after fixation of pay in newly revised pay scales w.e.f. 01.01.96
Ref:Admissibility of two additional increments (Non-absorbable) to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree Letter No.I/II dated 18.01.2016
With reference to the above quoted letter it may be stated that para 2(a) to 2 (C) of Board’s clarification letter dated 23.11.2015 is reproduction para 2(a) to 2(C) of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare’s OM dated 23.3.1988 in verbatim. However, a copy of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s OM dated 08.5.1975 and 23.3.1988 are enclosed.
DA: as above.
For Secretary, Railway Board
Government Of India
Ministry Of Finance
Department Of Expenditure
New Delhi, Dated 8th May,1975
Subject: Recommendations of the Third Pay Commission relating to Nursing Staff – Grant of qualification Pay.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Third Pay commission has recommended vide para 100, Chapter 16 of its Report that Nursing staff who possess at the time of recruitment or acquire subsequently a degree in Nursing should be granted two advance increments provided they are not required to possess it as a condition of their employment. The recommendation has been accepted by the Govt. The president is accordingly pleased to decide that Nursing Staff who possess at the time of recruitment or acquire subsequently a degree in Nursing should be granted two advance increments provided they are not required to possess the above qualification as a condition of their employment.
2. The above orders would be effective from the date of issue.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Grant of additional increments (qualification Pay) to Nursing Staff
The question of grant of additional increments to the Nursing Staff has been under consideration of Government. In super session of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure), O.M.No.F.5 (11)/E.III(A)/75, dated the 8th May, 1975 (not printed), it has been under consideration of Government.In super session of Ministry Of Finance (Department of Expenditure), O.M.No.F.5(11)/E.III(A)/75, dated the 8th May,1975 (not printed), it has been decided to grant additional increment (non-absorb able) to the Nursing staff working in the Central Government Hospitals/Institutions under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to the extent indicated below :-
1. One increment (Non-absorb able) will be granted to the nursing personnel holding the following post certificate Diploma of 10 months duration or any other 10 Months Diploma Course designed and approved by the Indian Nursing Council from time to time :-
(i) Diploma in Nursing Education and Nursing Administration.
(ii) Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
(iii) Diploma in Pediatric Nursing
(iv) Diploma in public Health Nursing
This will take effect from :-
a) 1.10.1986 to those Nursing Staff in service who possess any of these Diplomas;
b) The date of appointment to those who possess the Diploma who are recruited after 1.10.1986; and
c) the date of publication of results of the post certificate Diploma in Nursing for those in service who acquire the post Certificate Diploma qualification after 1.10.1986
2. Two increments (Non-absorb able) will be granted to the Nursing staff possessing the following qualifications:-
(i) B.Sc.(Hons.) Nursing.
B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic/Post Certificate
(ii) Postgraduate Degree in Nursing, i.e. Master in Nursing (M.Sc.Nursing)
This will take effect from:-
(a) 1.10.1986 to those Nursing Staff in service who possess the Degree/Post- graduate Degree in Nursing as on that date;
(b) the date of appointment to those who possess the Degree/Post-graduate Degree in Nursing qualification, who are recruited after 1.10-1986;
(c) the date of publication of result of the Degree/Postgraduate Degree in Nursing for those in service who acquire the Degree/postgraduate Degree qualifications after 1.10.1986.
3. Only two additional non-absorb able increments will be admissible to a Nurse in a particular grade where possession of such qualifications are not re-quired as per recruitment rules.
4. These increment will be granted, subject to the condition that the concerned nursing staff are not required to possess Diploma/Degree/Postgraduate Degree in Nursing indicated at Paras. 1 ad 2 above, as a condition of their employment and also that they had not been allowed a higher initial pay on account of their possessing these qualifications prior to on or after 1.10.1986.
5. These orders issue with the concurrence of Department of personnel and Training and Ministry of Finance vide their Dy.No.617/88-Pay-I, dated 7.3.1988 and 1162/E.III/88, dated 21.3.1988, respectively.
(G.I.Min.of Health & F.W., O>M.No.Z.28016/87-PMS, dated the 23rd March, 1988)