Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners – PCDA pension circular no c-149
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Toll Free No. 1800-180-5321
Circular No: C-149
O/o the Pr.C.D.A. (Pensions)
Draupadighat Allahabad – 211014
The Treasury Officer
The PO-Master, Kathua, Srinagar (J&K)
The PO-Master, Campbell Bay (Andman & Nicobar)
The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer
Pay & Accounts Officer
Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassay, Kathmandu, Nepal (through Gorkha Record Officer, Kurnaghat, Gorakhpur)
Director of Accounts, Panji (Goa)
Finance Secretary, Gangtok, PO-I, Thimpu Bhutan
The General Manager (Nodal Officer, PSBs)
All Managers, CPPC of Public Sector Banks.
All Managers, CPPC of Authorized Private Banks.
Subject: Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners – reg.
Reference: This officer Important Circulars No. 102 dated 11.02.2013 & C-144 dated 14-08-2015.
Attention of all Pension Disbursing Authorities is invited to above cited circulars wherein instructions had been issued for implementation of GOI, Ministry of P,PG and Pensions, Deptt of P&PQ OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A,) dated 28 January, 2013 w.e.f 01.01.2006. According to these orders “The revised pension of the pre-2006 pensioners shall not be less than 50% off the minimum of the pay band+ grade pay, corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which pensioner had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008, Subject to the pension so arrived will be reduced pro-rata, where the pensioner had less than the maximum required service for full pension as per rule 49 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 as applicable before 1.1.2006 and in no case it will be less than Rs. 3500/- p.m”.
(2) Now, GOI, Ministry of P, PG and pension, Dept of P&PW have further issued order under their OM No. 38/37/08 P&PW (A) dated 6th April, 2016, that “The revised consolidated pension of pre-2006 pensioners shall not be lower than 50% of the sum of minimum of the pay in the Pay Band and the Grade Pay (wherever applicable) corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale as per fitment table annexed to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008 without pro-rata reduction of pension even if they had qualifying service of less than 33 years at the time of retirement.” Accordingly, Para 5 of the OM dated 28.01.2013 would stand deleted. The arrears of revised pension would be payable with effect from 01.01.2006.
(3) In case the consolidated pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 01-09-2008 is higher than the pension calculated in the manner indicated in the OM dated 6th April, 2016, the same (higher consolidated pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension.
(4) All other conditions as given in OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time shall remain unchanged.
(5) All pension disbursing authorities (PDAs) are therefore, requested to revise the pension in affected cases in terms of Govt. OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A), dated 06-04-2016 w.e.f 01.01.2006. Payment made w.e.f. 01.01.2006 will be adjusted against the arrears now being paid and these cases may be reflected in the monthly account sent to this office as ‘change item’.
(6) Where the PDAs are in doubt in regulating the payment of revised pension under these orders, the cases with full details of pensioner and PPO number etc. may be referred to Audit Section of this office for advice and further action.
(Dr. Upinderbir Singh)