Revision of 43% and 45% commuted portion of pre-2006 Armed Forces…
O/o THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 532
The O l/C
PAO (ORs)/ ROs
Subject: Revision of 43% and 45% commuted portion of pre-2006 Armed Forces absorbees who had drawn lump-sum payment on absorption in PSUI Autonomous bodies- Stepping up of notional full pension with effect from 24.09.2012.
Reference: This office Circular No. 2 bearing file No. G-1/M//104/ICOs/Vol-IV dated 16.10.2009.
A copy of Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1(1)/2014/D(Pen/Policy) dated 16th October’ 2014 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action, which is self explanatory.
2. In terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 16th October’ 2014, the notional full pension of the commissioned officers absorbee pensioners determined in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009 shall be stepped up to fifty percent of the minimum of the fitment tables for the rank in revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with SAI 2/S/2008 as amended (for regular Commissioned Officers), SAI 4/S/2008 as amended (for Commissioned Officers belonging to AMC/ADC/RVC and who were in receipt of NPA) and equivalent instructions for Navy & Air Force, plus the Grade pay corresponding to pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired/ discharged including MSP, where applicable.
3. Similarly, the notional full pension of JCOs/ ORs absorbee pensioners also be determined in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009 and shall also be stepped up to fifty percent of the notional maximum of the fitment tables for the rank and group in the revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with SAI 1/S/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy & Air Force, plus the Grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had discharged including MSP and ‘X’ Group pay, where applicable.
4. The amount so determined shall be reduced proportionately where the Armed Forces absorbee had rendered less than the maximum required service to earn full pension. While determining revised full pension in terms of these orders, weightage in qualifying service shall not be allowed, as hitherto fore.
5. Financial benefit will be effective from 24th September’ 2012.
6. ROs are requested to review all cases and a list of all affected cases indicating individual’s details may be forwarded to concerned PSA for issue of Suo-Moto Corr. PPO, where the restored pension has already been revised in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009. However, in case, where no PPO has been issued by this office on the basis of GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009, then Appendix attached with the GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009 (copy enclosed) may be forwarded to concerned PSA for issue of Corr. PPO in all affected cases.
7. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
Asstt. Controller (P)