Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of Pension of Pre -2006 Armed Forces Pensioners/Family Pensioners
OFFICE OF THE PCDA (PENSIONS), DRAUPADI GHAT ALLAHABAD
Subject:- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of Pension of Pre -2006 Armed Forces Pensioners/Family Pensioners.
Reference: – GOI, MOD letter No. 17(4)/2008(1)/D (Pen/Policy) dated 11.11.2008 and this Office Circular No. 397 and 398 dated 18.11.2008, No. 401 dated 18.12.2008, No. 403 dated 02.02.2009, No. 412 dated 26.05.2009, No. 428 dated 19.2.2010 and No. 452 dated 22.02.2011
Copy of MOD letter No. 17(3)/2010/D (Pen/Policy) dated 15.11.2010 is forwarded herewith as Annexure for further necessary action at your end.
2. The table showing rates of minimum guaranteed pension and ordinary family pension for pre 01.01.2006 in respect of commissioned officers, MNS retiree officers and PBOR were circulated with their amendment from time to time as Annexure – II, IIA, IIA (Revised) and III to MOD letter No. 17(4)/2008(1)/D (Pen/Policy) dated 11.11.2008 vide circular mentioned under reference. Due to difference in weightage allowable to different ranks for computation of pension the pro-rata pension in certain lower ranks had been more as compared to higher ranks with same qualifying service. This anomaly has been considered by the Government and it has been decided that where the amount of pension indicated in the above said annexure – II, IIA, IIA (Revised) and III of a senior rank happens to be less than the pension of a lower rank (and group in case of PBOR) with same qualifying service, the pension of senior rank shall be stepped up to the lower of junior counterpart. Accordingly, three tables showing rates of minimum guaranteed pension and ordinary family pension of pre 01.01.2006 Commissioned Officers (other than MNS), Commissioned Officers of MNS and Personnel Below Officers Rank are annexed as annexure II(Revised), Annexure IIA (Revised) and Annexure III (Revised) to the Ministry’s above quoted letter dated 15.11.2010 which may be treated as Annexure II (revised),Annexure II A (Revised) and Annexure III (Revised) to the Ministry’s letter dated 11.11.2008.
3. There shall be no change in the entitlement of the rates of minimum guaranteed family pension for the rank of Lt Col (TS) / Lt Col (S) which had already been notified as Rs.15420/- pm under VI CPC vide MOD letter dated 21.05.2009 and circulated vide this office circular No. 412 dated 26.05.2009.
4. As per existing rule, pension of TS Naik/Hony NK and Hony Havildar is Rs.1/- less than pension admissible for NK and Havildar for the same length of qualifying Service and group of pay in which he was last paid respectively. It is therefore, clarified that the rate of pension shown in Annexure III (Revised) for PBOR of Army and equivalent rank in Navy and Air Force indicating the changes in pension of the affected PBOR will also be applicable for TS Naik, Hony Naik and Hony Havildar reducing pension by Rs.1/-
5. The pension of Havildar granted Hony rank of Nb Subedar and retired prior to 01.01.2006,their revised pension as per the orders of improvement in pension in respect of PBOR vide this office circular No. 350 dated 19.05.2006 may be consolidated under Annexure I of MOD letter 11.11.2008 circulated vide this office circular No. 397 dated 18.11.2008.In this connection it is further clarified that under modified parity of pension, the affected revised rates of pension to Havildar granted Hony rank of Nb Subedar and retired prior to 1.1.2006 may also be admissible to Hony Nb Subedar as provided in para 9(ii) of this office circular No.403 dated 02.02.2009
6 In order to facilitate the PDAs to consider and revise the rates of minimum guaranteed pension and ordinary family pension for pre 01.01.2006 wherever the same is beneficial, a chart showing the changes which have taken place due to the revised Annexures is as follows:-
Annexure – II (Revised)
Commissioned Officers – Army and equivalent in Navy and Air Force (other than MNS)
Major – 10 to 24 years
Brigadier – 10 to 27.5 years.
Major General – 10 to 29 years.
Annexure – II A (Revised)
Officers of Military Nursing Service (MNS)
Major – 10 to 26 years
Lt Colonel – 10 to 27 years.
Major General – 10 to 29.5 years.
Annexure – III (Revised)
Personnel Below Officers Rank – Army and equivalent in Navy and Air Force
Naik Group ‘A’/’X’ – 12 to 20.5 years
Naik Group ‘B’ to ‘H’/ B’ to ‘E’/’Y’ to ‘Z’/’Y’ – 15.5 to 20.5 years
Hav Group ‘A’/’X’ – 12 to 22.5 years
Hav Group ‘B’ to ‘H’/ B’ to ‘E’/’Y’ to ‘Z’/’Y’ – 15.5 to 22.5 years
7. All other subsidiary payment instructions will be the same as already circulated vide this office circulars quoted under reference. The cases for revision as per these orders may please be reviewed at your end. The affected cases may be revised accordingly.
(S N ROY)
Signed Copy Click here