Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners in such cases where date of retirement is prior to 01.04.2003 and who had opted not to avail medical facilities at OPD of Armed Forces Hospitals/ MI Rooms and are not member of ECHS
O/o THE PR.CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States…
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners in such cases where date of retirement is prior to 01.04.2003 and who had opted not to avail medical facilities at OPD of Armed Forces Hospitals/ MI Rooms and are not member of ECHS.
Reference: This Office Circular No.451 dated 21.02.2011 and Circular No. 208 dated 27.07.1998.
A copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 1(10)/2009-D(Pen/Policy) dated 5th May’2015 is forwarded herewith for immediate implementation. The same has also been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in and may please be downloaded at your end without waiting for the hard copy of the order and action may be taken accordingly.
2. The fixed medical allowance has been enhanced from 300/- PM to 500/- PM with effect from 19.11.2014. Ex Servicemen who retired after 01.04.2003 have to become member of ECHS compulsorily and are not eligible to draw Fixed Medical Allowance. However, all Pre 01.04.2003 retirees have the option of either joining the Scheme or draw Fixed Medical Allowance as per the extant rates.
3. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance as mentioned in this Office Circular No. 208 quoted under reference shall continue to be in force. PDAs are requested to please review the cases and revise the Fixed Medical Allowance in the affected cases accordingly.
(G K Baranwal)
Dy. Controller (Pensions)
Signed copy click here