Improvement in pension of JCOsI ORs of Armed Forces retired/ discharged/ invalided out of service prior to 01.01.2006.
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 533
Dated: 21th January 2015.
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries 2012 on the issues related to Defence Services Personnel and Ex Servicemen- Improvement in pension of JCOsI ORs of Armed Forces retired/ discharged/ invalided out of service prior to 01.01.2006.
Reference: This Office Circular No. 501 dated 17th January 2013.
A copy of corrigendum of Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.1 (13)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 25th November 2014 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action, which is self explanatory.
2. The rates of improved pension in respect of Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC were inadvertently left out in Ministry’s letter No. 1 (13)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 which has circulated vide this office Circular No 501 dated 17th January 2013.The same have now been included and are provided in above cited corr GOI, MOD letter. The rate of pension as indicated in Table No. 6 (Army), attached with MoD letter No.1(13)/2012-D(Pen/Policy), dated 17.01.2013 in respect of pre- 01.01.2006 JCO/OR retirees who have been granted honorary Commissioned Officer rank, are equally applicable to Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC. The new Table No. 11 (A) (DSC) has been added for Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC as Annexure to the above cited corr GOI, MOD letter of 25th Nov 2014.
3. Further, the revised rates of pension relating to NCs (E) as indicated in Table-I (Army), may be applied in Table No. 19 (Air Force) for NCS (E) TINDAL and HEAD TINDAL in place of existing rates.
4. Further, In Columns 2, 3, 4 and 5 of Table No. 13 (Navy), for ranks Art-IV and Art lll-l, for the period post 10.10.1997 read “group X” for “group A”.
5. In view of the above, all Pension Disbursing Agencies are hereby authorized to review such case and step up the pension of the affected Pre-2006 pensioners with effect from 24.09.2012, as per these orders.
6. All other subsidiary payment instructions will be the same as already circulated vide this office circulars quoted under reference. All nodal agencies are requested to circulate this circular to all concerned under their jurisdiction. It is also requested that all PDAs may download the same from this office website for immediate implementation of the government orders to revise the pension w.e.f 24.09.2012.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Under Secretary (Pension/Policy)