Fixation of pay in respect of Teachers in the upgraded Pay scales recommended by 6th CPC
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
18, Institutional Area
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi – 16
Phone No. 011-26523070
- No. 110239/58/2008/KVS/Budget/
The Deputy Commissioner / The Director,
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
All Regional Offices/ZIETs.
Sub: Fixation of pay in respect of Teachers in the upgraded Pay scales recommended by 6th CPC- Exercise of fresh option to Switch over to CCS(RP) Rules 2008 reg.:-
1. I am to invite your attention to the subject cited above and to inform you that consequent on the adoption of Pay Scales notified by Govt. Of India on the basis of recommendation of Vlth CPC, Sangathan implemented the revised Pay Scales as per CCS(RP) Rules 2008 to both Teaching and Non-teaching staff vide letter No. F.11081-4/2008- KVS(HQ)(Admn-I) dated 05.11.2008. In the case of teaching staff, higher replacement scales were granted w.e.f. 01.01.2006 as laid down in the First Schedule Part B Section II of CCS (RP) Rules 2008.
2. Regarding the manner and method of Pay fixation, Sangathan adopted the fitment table enunciated in the O.M. by Govt, multiplying the existing pay drawn on 01.01.2006 into a factor 1.86 and rounding off to next multiple of Rs.10 in the pay band given accordingly on 01.01.2006. Doubts had been expressed by various Regions in the year 2008 about the manner of pay fixation especially for teaching posts due to grant of higher replacement scales as per Part B Section II. In this context, Sangathan issued instructions to all Regional Offices vide letter No. F. 110238/02/2007-08/KVS/Budget dated 17.12.2008 in terms of OM No.1/1/2008- 1C dated 13.09.2008 of Deptt. Of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance in which it was stated that in the case of up-gradations recommended by the Pay Commission where all posts in a particular grade have been granted a higher replacement pay scale/grade pay, their pay in the pay band will be fixed with reference to fitment table corresponding to pre-revised pay scale (not upgraded one). However, the grade pay corresponding to the upgraded posts will be granted. For e.g. A TGT drawing Basis Pay of Rs. 6900-00 in the pre revised scale of Rs. 5500- 175-9000 as on 01.01.2006 will be allowed pay of Rs.12840 in the Pay Band-2 as per the fitment table (S-10). (1.86 times of Rs.6900 rounded of to Rs. 12840) However a Grade Pay of Rs.4600 as applicable to upgraded scale (Grade-Ill) of Rs. 7450-11500 will be allowed. There is no provision to re-fix the Pay of Rs. 6900 in the upgraded scale of Ray of Rs. 7450-11500 as on 01.01.2006. It was further emphasized in the said letter dated 17.12.2008 that pay in the pay bands corresponding to Grade Pay as give in Section-II Part A Schedule 1 of CCS (RP) Rules 2008 may not be adopted for the upgraded posts given in Part B & C for the present as the clarification on this issue is awaited from Ministry. They may be allowed actual pay drawn on 01.01.2006 (not upgraded) multiplied by a factor 1.86 and rounding off to next multiple or Rs. 10/- in the pay band given in Part B (XVII) for teachers.
3. In the meanwhile, Govt of India, Min of Finance Dept of Expenditure, implementation cell, issued OM No. 01.01.2008-1C dt. 13th and 16th November 2009 approved grant of the Pay Structure of Grade Pay of Rs. 4600 in the Pay Band PB 2 to Posts that existed in the pre-revised scale of Rs. 6500-10500 as on 01.01.2006 and which were granted the normal replacement Pay Structure of Grade Pay of Rs. 4200 in the Pay Band PB 2 such as Assistants belonging to Central Secretarial Service, Armed Forces Headquarter Service, Indian Foreign Service ‘B’ and Railway Secretariat Services and Personal Assistants in their counterpart Stenographer services w.e.f. 01.01.2006. Regarding the Pay fixation, vide Note dated the 14th Dec. 2009 Deptt. of Expenditure allowed fixation of pay with reference to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 7450-11500 to those promoted as Assistants / PA’s between 01.01.2006 to 31.08.2008 and got revised their pay from the date of promotion in the pay scale of Rs. 7450-11500.They were however, not allowed arrears from 01.01.2006 till the date of their promotion as they had come over to the revised pay on the date of their promotion. Consequently, the pay of seniors who have been promoted/appointed earlier as Assistant /PA prior to 01.01.2006 also got the benefit of stepping up of pay at par with the pay of their junior’s as is seen from the subsequent clarification letter of Deputy Secretary, D/o Personnel &Trg. Establishment (Pay-I) Section vide File no. 961840/2013- Estt(Pay I) dt. 10.12.2013. This position is reiterated by DOPT as per Para 2 in page 2 of its OM No. F No. 7/7/-2008-CS.I(A) dt. 3rd Jan. 2014.
4. Analogous to the clarification in Para 3, the teachers whose pay scales have been upgraded will have the benefit of fixation of pay in the upgraded pre-revised scales in cases of their appointment between 1.1.2006 to 31.08.2008, subject to the condition that they may not be allowed arrears from 1.1.2006 till the date of the grant of promotion/senior/selection scale, as they had come over to the revised pay on the date of their being granted promotion/senior/selection scale.
For Example ‘X’ is appointed as PRT on 10.1.1994 in the scale of pay of Rs.1200-2040 later revised to Rs.4500-125-7000 in 5th CPC and is granted Promotion/Senior Scale in the pay scale of Rs.5500-175-9000 w.e.f.10.1.2006. He is drawing pay of Rs.5875 on 1.1.2006 in the PRT post. As per Part B Section II of the Revised Pay Rules, the TGT/Senior Scale pay of Primary Teacher (PRT) is revised and upgraded from Rs.5500-9000 to 7450-11500 w.e.f.l. 1.2006. In this case if teacher desires to come over to the revised pay as per CCS (RP) Rules 2008 on grant of promotion to TGT/Senior Scale w.e.f. 10.1.2006, the pay should be fixed as per proviso 3 to Rule 5 of CCS(RP) Rules 2008 which reads as “Provided further that in cases where a Government servant has been placed in a higher pay scale between 1.1.2006 to the date of notification of these Rules on account of Promotion, up-gradation of pay scale etc., the Government servant may elect to switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion, up-gradation etc.” The position is illustrated with another example for clarity:-
|Date||Scale of Pay||Remarks|
|Pay drawn in PRT Post 4500-125- 7000||Pay fixed in the prerevised scale 5500-175- 9000||Upgraded|
9300-9300- 34800 + 4600(GP) 1.1.20065875— 10.1.2006587560257450 (Minimum of the scale) Sr.Scale granted wef 10.1.0610.1.2006 (7450)13860+4600As per CCS(RP) Rules 2008 with DNI on 1.7.2007, if otherwise admissible
- The pay of seniors granted Promotion/Senior Scale of Pay prior to 1.01.2006 may then be stepped up with reference to the junior to set right the pay anomaly among the teaching staff.
- Teachers desirous of getting the benefit of the above clarification should exercise their option within one month from the date of issue of this letter. The contents of this letter may be circulated to all Vidyalayas.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.