Personal Pay – Grant of 5% Personal Pay to the Steno-typists, Grade-III who were in position as on 1-8-92 and 1-9-98
Finance (PC) Department,
Secretariat, Chennai -9.
Letter No.46847/Pay Cell/14-1, dated : 02-9-2014
Sub: Personal Pay – Grant of 5% Personal Pay to the Steno-typists, Grade-III who were in position as on 1-8-92 and 1-9-98 – Clarification – Issued.
Ref: 1. G.O.Ms.No.664, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 24—8—92.
- O.Ms.No.873, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 27—12—93.
- Government Letter No.106614/PC/92-1, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 30—9-92.
- O.Ms.No.497, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 15—9—98.
- Government Letter No.73411/PC-II/98-1, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 28—9-98.
- Government Letter No.34124/PC/09-1, Finance (PC) Department, dated:26—6-09.
- Government Letter No.45113/PC/09-1, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 17—8-09.
- O.Ms.No.143, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 03—6—2014.
- From the Director, Survey & Settlement, Chennai, Letter No. Na.Ga.Ga 1 / 20894
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2) In the reference eighth cited, orders have been issued granting the benefit of 5% basic pay as Personal Pay to the Steno-typists Grade-III (both under Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service) who were in position as on 1-8-92 and 1-9-98 respectively. Certain doubts were raised in this regard which are clarified as below:–
|1)||Whether all the individuals appointed as Steno-typists are eligible for the Personal Pay granted in the G.O. eighth cited.||ii)||The individuals who were appointed as Steno- typist Grade-III during the period from 1-6-88 to 27-6-89 and held this post on 1-8-92 and 1-9-98 are eligible for the grant of 5% Personal Pay granted in the G.O. eighth cited with effect from 1-8-92 / 1-9-98 as the case may be.The Steno-typists Grade-III appointed on or after 27-6-89 are not eligible for this Personal Pay with effect from 1-8-92 as clarified under point No.5 in the reference third cited. However, such individuals who had held this post on 1-9-98 are eligible for the 5% Personal Pay with effect from 1-9-98 and those who were appointed to this post after 1-9-98 are not entitled for this Personal Pay as clarified in the reference fifth cited.|
|2)||From which date monetary benefit on sanction of 5% Personal Pay has to be granted.||As ordered in the G.O. eighth cited, the individuals who had held the post of Steno- typists Grade-III as on 1-8-92 / 1-9-98 as clarified in the preceding point are entitled for the monetary benefit of 5% Personal pay from 1-8-92 / 1-9-98 as the case may be and eligible to draw the arrears consequent on such sanction of 5% Personal Pay.|
|3)||Whether Pay Drawn particulars has to be called for from the previous stations for claiming arrears to the Steno-typists Grade—III consequent on the sanction of 5% Personal Pay ordered in the G.O. eighth cited.||In the references sixth and seventh cited it has been clarified that in the case of persons transferred from one office to another office there is no need to call for pay drawn particulars of the employees for claiming the arrears consequent on the fixation of pay in the Revised Scales of Pay, 2009. Instead, the same may be noted from the Service Register of the individuals concerned in order to avoid the delay in claiming the arrears. On the same analogy, the Pay Drawn particulars / Non-Drawal Certificate need not be called for from the previous office/ offices while claiming the arrears to the employees / retired employees in the offices concerned where the employees are presently working / retired employees last worked consequent on the sanction of 5% Personal Pay ordered in the G.O. eighth cited and the same may be noted from the Service Register of the employees concerned. However, the Drawing and Disbursing Officers should ensure from the entries made in the Service Register of the employees concerned that they have not earlier availed such 5% Personal Pay benefit.|
for Principal Secretary to Government.