Promotion to the Grade of Under Secretary on adhoc basis in CSS Cadre
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 20th November, 2014
Approval of the President is hereby conveyed for promotion of 18 Section Officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to Grade-I (Under Secretary) of CSS in PB-3 (Rs. 15600-39100) with Grade Pay of Rs.6600/- on purely on ‘ad-hoc’ basis for a period upto 31.05.2015 or till the posts are filled up on regular basis, or until further orders whichever is earlier. The allocation of officers on their promotion is as shown against their names in the Annexure to this OM. The ‘ad-hoc’ promotion is subject to the following conditions:
i. The ad-hoc promotion shall not confer any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Grade I of the CSS.
ii. Ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason therefor.
iii. The appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of assuming the charge of the post of Under Secretary in the Ministry/ Department to which the officer has been allocated.
iv. The service rendered on ad-hoc basis in the Under Secretary grade would not count for the purpose of seniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade.
v. The appointment is subject to vigilance clearance in terms of DoPT’s OM No.22034/4/2012-Estt.(D) dated 02.11.2012 and other relevant instructions on the subject. The Ministry/ Department where the officer is working should relieve him/her or promote him/her only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or contemplated against the officer.
vi. The Officers, who have not undergone mandatory Level ‘D’ Training as enjoined in Cadre Training Plan for the CSS, will have to undergo the aforesaid training as per nominations made by this Department.
vii. No request for retention of the Officers in the same Ministry/ Department would be entertained.
viii. The officers who fail to avail ad-hoc promotion would not be considered for ad-hoc promotion for a period of one year from the date of issue of promotion order.
ix. Officers undergoing any training will not be allowed proforma promotion and the officer has to join the post to avail promotion.
2. As vacancies arising on account of retirement on 30 11.2014 have also been taken into account, promotion of officers included in this order should be effected on or after 1 12.2014 only. Officers allocated to other Ministries/ Departments may be relieved of their duties on or after 1.12.2014 to enable them to take up their assignment as Under Secretary (ad-hoc) in the Ministry/ Department allocated.
3. Notification appointing the officers will be issued by the Ministry/Department after the officer(s) have assumed charge of Under Secretary. A copy of the notification issued should be endorsed to this Department.
4. The willingness of the Officers on deputation as to whether they are willing to revert back to the cadre with a view to avail the promotion will be obtained by the Ministry/Department from where the Officer(s) have proceeded on deputation.
5. If any Officer fails to join within one month of this order, the orders of ad-hoc promotion in respect of such officers shall stand cancelled automatically.
6. Web Based Cadre Management System Promotion of officers have been reflected in the Web Based Cadre Management System. Accordingly, relieving/ joining of officers should be immediately updated in the Transfer module of the Web Based Cadre Management System hosted at nic.in. This is the responsibility of the nodal officers concerned.
7. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the/Government of India