Grant of benefits of revised pay scale to Government servants who were on study leave on 1.1.1996
Government Of India
Ministry Of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department Of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, Dated the 15th May 2001
Subject: Grant of benefits of revised pay scale to Government servants who were on study leave on 1.1.1996 – regarding.
the undersigned is directed to say that the question of extending the benefit of revised pay scales to the Government servants who were on study leave on or after 1.1.1996 has been engaging the attention of the Government for some time past.
2. In the light of serveral judicial pronouncements on the subject and keeping in view the facts in mind that the study leave is sanctioned to a Government servant to pursue higher studies in public interest and also there is clear-cut demarcation between study leave and other kinds of leave, grating of revised pay benefits during study leave may not have any implications in respect of other kinds of leave.
3. The matter has been carefully considered and it has been decided in consultation with Ministry of Finance to allow benefits of revised pay scales as recommended by the V central pay commission with effect from 1.1.1996 to all those government servants who were on study leave on 1.1.1996.
4. A formal amendment to CCS(Leave) Rules 1972 will follow.
5. In so far as persons serving in the indian audit and accounts department are concerned orders will issue after the concurrence of the comptroller and auditor general of india.
6. Hindi version will follow.
joint Secretary to the Government Of India.