Strike notice dated 06.04.2015 by PJCA – Submission of revised charter of demands
POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION, GDS (NFPE)
NATIONAL UNION GDS
No. PF/ JCA/12/2015
Dated: 8th April, 2015
Department of Posts,
New Delhi 110001
Sub: Strike notice dated 06.04.2015 by PJCA – Submission of revised charter of demands- reg.
Ref : DG Posts letter F No o8/07/2014- SR dated 12th February 2015
The PJCA had reviewed the progress on the reply given by the department on the items of Strike Charter of Demands in the meeting held on 5.2.2015 in Dak Bhawan, New Delhi. Even though the progress is not satisfactory, the reply on some of the items in the earlier Charter of demands is accepted. PJCA has recorded disagreement on the remaining items and hence we are submitting herewith the revised charter of demands containing 26 demands which is enclosed herewith.
DA: Revised Charter of Demands
Secretary General FNPO
Secretary General NFPE
REVISED CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. No Corporatization and privatization in Postal Services.
2. Inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the terms of reference of Seventh Central Pay Commission. Grant of Civil Servant status to GDS and grant of all benefits of departmental employees on pro-rata basis without any discrimination.
3. Regularise the services of Casual, Parttime, Contingent Employees and Remove the cut off date
4. Grant of merger of 100% DA with pay with effect from 01.01.2014 for all purposes, including GDS.
5. Grant of 25% pay as Interim Relief (IR) with effect from 01.01.2014 to all employees including GDS.
6. Scrap the New Pension Scheme (NPS) and include all employees recruited on or after 01.01.2004 under the old statutory pension scheme.
7. Remove 5% condition for compassionate appointment and grant appointment in all deserving cases as in the case of Railways. Remove the minimum 50 points condition for GDS compassionate appointment.
8. Fill up all vacant posts in all cadres including drivers Artisans , Assistant Managers, Managers and Senior Managers in MMS & GDS.
(a) By direct recruitment
(b) By holding DPC and granting promotions
(c) By conducting departmental promotional examination.
(d) Replace all condemned vehicles in MMS
9. Implement cadre restructuring in Postal, RMS, MMS and Postal Accounts as per the proposal signed with the JCM (DC) staff side.
10 . Settle issues relating to Postmaster Cadre officials.
(a) Allow to write IP and PS Group ‘B’ examinations
(b) Relaxation in service conditions for promotion from one grade to another, at par with general line promotions to identical posts.
(c) Filling up of all PS Group ‘B’, PM Grade III and Grade II posts by eligible officials and till that time adhoc-promotion may be granted.
(d) Other related issues such as filling up of 100% senior Postmaster/Chief Postmaster posts earmarked for PM cadre by PM cadre officials alone and maintainance of Circle Gradation list etc.
11. Reimburse full mileage allowance to System Administrators and fix duty hours and responsibilities of System Administrators. Create separate cadre for System Administrators.
12. Grant of Cash handling allowance to Treasurers in Post offices at par with cashiers in RMS & Administrative offices.
13. Counting of Special allowance granted to PO & RMS Accountants for pay fixation on promotions as the promotional post involves higher responsibilities.
14. Settle all issues related to IT Moderinisation Project – computerization, Core Banking Solution, Core Insurance Solution etc.
(a) Replace out dated computers and peripherals with new ones.
(b) Increase network capabilities and Bandwidth.
(c) Set right the Users credential problems in leave arrangements etc.
(d) Stop hasty “Go live” of CBS, CIS till cleansing of data pucca.
(e) Provide all assistance and stop harassment in the Implementation of CBS & CIS
(f) Grant enhanced financial powers to Head Postmasters
15. Prompt and regular holding of JCM, Departmental Council meeting, Periodical meeting with Secretary Department of Posts, Sports Board meeting and Welfare Board meeting. Ensure representation of recognised Federations in Sports Board and Welfare Board by calling for nominations.
16. Ensure full protection of existing allowance (TRCA) of GDS employees and introduce Medical Reimbursement Scheme to GDS. Existing monthly emoluments (TRCA) drawn by the GDS should not be reduced under any circumstances. Revision of cash handling norms.
17. (a) All Circle offices/Regional offices/DPLI office, Kolkata must be allowed to function as Circle Processing Centres (CPCs) while implementing Core Insurance Solutions (CIS) through McCamish for steady growth of PLI/RPLI Business
(b) Stop diversion of 615 posts (576 posts of PAs from C.O.s and 39 posts of PAs from APS PLI CELL) ordered vide Department of Posts, Establishment Division No. 43-47/2013-PE-II dated the 9th June, 2014.
(c) Stop harassment and victimization of staff of Circle Administrative offices in the name of decentralization of PLI/RPLI.
18. Allot sufficient funds to circles for carrying out constructions, Repairs and Maintenance of Departmental buildings/Postal Staff quarters and RMS Rest houses.
19. Make substitute arrangement in all vacant Postmen/ Mail Guard and MTS Posts. Wherever GDS are not available, outsiders should be allowed to work as substitutes.
20. Modify the orders dated 22/5/1979 regarding existing time factor given for delivery of articles taking in to account the actual time required for door to door delivery.
21. Open L1 offices as recommended by CPMG AP Circle eg: Guntakal RMS .
22. Powers for writing APARs of SBCO staff may be delegated to AO (SBCO) instead of Divisional heads and stop imposing the work of SB Branch on SBCO.
23. Prompt supply of good quality uniform and kit items and change of old specification.
24. Stop vindictive actions of GM (Finance) Postal Accounts Chennai. More than hundred Postal Accounts employees are charge sheeted. GM (Finance) even refused to heed the instructions of DDG (PAF).
25. Review of marks of JAO (P) Part-II examination held in December 2012 in r/o SC/ST candidates. As the exam was conducted on the basis of old Recruitment Rules i.e JAO and the said posts are Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) review may be held.
26. Revise the Postmen /MailGuards /MTS Recruitment Rules. Stop open market recruitment. Restore Seniority quota promotion.